Customize your ChartTrading settings according to your needs and optimize your negotiations.
To define what information is displayed on charts and on the ChartTrading Side Bar, access the Tools menu > Settings > ChartTrading:
Customize features of orders and positions displayed on charts.
- Show orders on the chart: Enable this option to view sent orders on the chart.
- Alignment: Select one of four options to position orders on the chart: Left, Right, Default, or Center.
- Show position on the chart: Enable this option to view open positions on the chart.
- Position Result: Enable this option to view your PnL through Chart Trading.
- Show cover-point on the chart: It shows the price level for that asset where the total result of the day reaches zero. For example, if a first trade result in BTC/USD is $500.00 when opening a new position, the cover-point will show the price level where that profit no longer covers your trade.
- Show objective points on the chart: Select to view daily gain targets and daily loss limits. To define these input values access Tools > Settings > Trade > Risk Management.
- Close position on the chart: Select to close positions directly on the chart by enabling the “x” displayed on the right side of positions.
- Show trades on the chart: Select to add arrow markings to charts to view realized trades. To customize these feature access Tools > Settings > Trade > Order Entry > Buy Color/Sell Color.
- Create Gain/Loss Orders when drag position: Click, hold, and drag positions to create stop gain and loss orders. Note: These orders are not OCO orders. You'll need to cancel the remaining exit orders manually.
- Enable send orders on the chart: Select to enable keys Shift and Alt to send orders directly on the chart.
- Evaluate automatic stop: Modify these settings to adjust order type to Stop, according to buy and sell offers (Evaluate Book Top) or to the last closing price (Evaluate Last Close):
The option Evaluate Book Top identifies the best buy and sell offers on the Order Book, and based on this information, enables Automatic Stop to consider the Price Levels parameter as shown in the example below:
- If Price Levels are set to 3, and the best offer is $10.00, when you press Shift to trigger a buy order on the chart, the order will be sent as Stop instead of Limit 3 cents below the best offer, starting at $10.04.
The option Evaluate Last Close identifies the last price traded, and based on this information, enables Automatic Stop to consider the parameter Price Levels as shown in the example below:
- If Price Levels are set to 2, and the last price traded is $10.00, when you press Shift to trigger a buy order on the chart, the order will be sent as Buy Stop instead of Buy, starting at $10.03.
Side Bar tab
Customize and add features to the ChartTrading Side Bar:
- Show buttons: Choose which buttons to display on the ChartTrading Side Bar. They are: Buy/Sell, Buy at Market/Sell at Market, Buy Ask/Sell Bid, Buy Bid/Sell Ask, Cancel Orders, and Cancel Orders + Close.
- Show positions: Choose which options to display on the position. They are: Bid Value/Ask Value, Position, Average Value, Open PnL, Daily PnL, and Total.
- ChartTrading background color: Customize the ChartTrading Side Bar background color.
- Trading Parameters: Select to display the following features:
- Strategy: AutoOp strategies that are defined in the Trading Strategy Editor.
- Price/Stop Offset: Select to display Price and Stop offset fields used for entry orders..
- TIF: Select to display the order's validity. Ex. Today, or Good till Cancelled.
5. ChartTrading Positioning: Choose to visualize the ChartTrading Side Bar on the left or right side of the chart.
Hey! Was this content helpful?
Please rate it below! It's important that we work together to make our Help Center even more complete.