Real Time Export (RTD/DDE) is available in the Standard and Pro versions of Vector.
To set up and export your cryptoassets through a DDE or RTD link, access the platform’s main menu > Real Time Export (RTD/DDE):
On the Assets tab, search for the desired assets on the left column and click on Add Asset to add it to the export. The assets that will be exported will appear on the right column.
On the Attributes tab, you can choose the columns you wish to view on your spreadsheet. Vector Pro users can also choose to export indicators on the Indicators tab, which is visible only on Vector Pro.
On the Configuration tab, you can define certain information about the export, define in which platform you will be using the DDE (Microsoft Excel or Libre Office) RTD (Microsoft Excel) link and other preferences. RTD data export is only for Excel.
After finishing the configuration, you only have to click on the Copy button on the window and paste the information onto the chosen spreadsheet.
Excel users: it may be necessary to perform some macro, external update and security releases on Excel or run it as Administrator so that the data is properly received.
Below are some possible messages that may be displayed on Excel cells during the data export:
- “Invalid Asset” - When the asset isn’t found;
- “Invalid Attribute” - When the attribute (the second string sent by excel) doesn’t correspond to a type of asset data;
- RTD Disabled - The RTD functionality has been disabled. To reactivate it, access the platform’s main menu > Real Time Export (RTD/DDE), go to the “Configuration” tab, enable the “Activate data transfer” option and click on “OK”.
- RTD paused - Select one of the linked tabs - The cell is linked to a tab that isn’t visible (active) at the moment.
- The window has been closed - The window linked to the cell (Times & Sales or Market Depth) has been closed by the user.
- Invalid Tool - The tool’s informed ID doesn’t correspond to an active (open) window on Vector.
- Invalid Line - The parameter that defined the line isn’t within the permitted range [0, 100] or isn’t an integer.
- Invalid Requested Information - When the attribute parameter is "INFO" and the description of the requested information doesn’t match any valid option:
- "ATV" - the tool’s current ticker;
- "TAB" - the tool’s current (visible) tab.
- “Invalid Command” - When the function signature is wrong. For example, when you don't inform the asset, attribute, or inform additional parameters in the function.
“Invalid Command” example:
- The function’s signature must be = RTD ("RTDTrading.RTDServer";;"Asset";"Attribute");
- And the user types: RTD ("RTDTrading.RTDServer";;"Asser";"Attribute"; "fgdsgs");
It’s also possible to access the real-time export through the Quotes menu > Real Life Export (RTD/DDE);
Or by opening the Watchlist, right-clicking the window > Watchlist Properties > Real Time Export (RTD/DDE):
This Real Time Export (RTD/DDE) can only be performed on a specific platform. It’s not possible to export data on two platforms at the same time. For example, if you want to track stock quotes in one spreadsheet and cryptoasset quotes in another spreadsheet, it will not be possible. This limitation is defined by RTD/DDE technology.
Was this content useful?
Please rate us below.